1951 Larson “Cabin Special”
– She has been completely redone and is water ready with dual Johnson 25hp motors, original dual controls
– Original Rice anchor which can be lowered and retracted from the cabin!
– Original picnic table, and a rare motor crank. Crank works well and can be used to adjust motor up and down for different water depths and transport
– All new white oak steamed ribs, mahogany transom, keel, Douglas fir and mahogany deck, white oak rub rail, fiberglassed bottom (no need to soak)
– Original aluminum trim was buffed and reapplied
– Original Bow light and horn
– Fuel tanks have been lined with new gaskets and screws, needs new tank lines
– Motors rebuilt last fall (Tops, bottoms, and carbs).
– Bottom painted with Kirby green grey bottom paint. Top re-canvassed with mastic and Kirby green grey paint
– Removable cedar floors. Original mahogany cabin, western red cedar seats.(This boat was created for the large waters of water in the Midwest and Canada…the seat backs can be removed and the cabin can be arranged for sleeping!)
– New dash with original steering wheel, new control lines. Have original dash plates and junction boxes to RDE motors that were stolen in the 1960’s when it was parked…until I found it
– Have original Coast Guard registration, Larson plaque, Rice anchor paperwork, 1951 Chicago boat show pamphlet and ticket. and parts booklet for the motors. Also 1951 Lake Tapawingo boat license
– This is the only one around with a wooden rear enclosure and door, that have not been restored yet (pictures can been provided)
– One of these sold in 2012 at the Mikkelson collection auction for $42,000. Only been able to find 4 others in existence.
– Please ask for more information!
– Twin 25 HP Johnson Outboards
– Engines redone, Motor crank can lower and raise engines for shallow water or travel
– New steering cable assembly
2 inch ball